Sunday, January 31, 2010

Once again, Katherine has inspired me to blog. As I was sitting with her last night, trying to convince her to eat her dinner before the babysitter came, I said to Chris,"Why don't you go up and get dressed."
Katherine looked at me like I had 3 heads and asked "Why does he have to get dressed Mommy, he IS dressed!"
"Well, usually you don't wear a sweatshirt when you go out to the Opera."
"Oh, you mean, you have to wear fancy clothes?"
"Well, sort of fancy I guess"
Her eyes lit up, "Are you going to wear a beautiful dress Mommy?"
"Um, actually I was thinking about a fancy shirt and some nice pants, Katherine"
"PANTS? I didn't know girls could wear fancy pants! I thought you would wear a beautiful dress, like Cinderella wears with her prince."
"Not tonight, Honey. Tonight, I'll wear pants, and maybe another time I will wear a fancy dress, OK?"
"That's a good idea, Mommy, cuz you don't have any glass slippers either."

(note to self, find some glass slippers!)

Stay tuned for more updates and pictures. Just had to get this published before I forgot!

1 comment:

  1. adorable. I'm sure you looked like a princess even in your fancy pants.

    ReplyDelete