Monday, January 25, 2010

I was scolded for not posting a picture of last weekend's adventure - so here it is. Chris and I took the "big" girls snow tubing. It was absolutely super fun. I had as much fun as the girls....if not more! I really think it should be an olympic sport, because I could be a gold medalist for sure. It's similar to sledding, however, you ride in a large tube (think tubing behind a boat in summer) and you have your own "private" lane to go down the hill so there are no worries about crashing. Also, this particular venue has it's own "lift" to take you back to the top. It's essentially a moving sidewalk that you jump on and ride to the top of the hill. It was awesome and the girls are still asking when we can go back again. Abby had her own fun, hanging with Boom Boom and Mr Jeff in West Bend while we were gone.


Ah, Katherine. She is certainly the life of the party. I swear, if I could write down half of what she says every day I'd have a best seller for sure. She is just too funny! Playing dress up is nothing new, but this outfit was particularly interesting. When I asked her why she was wearing the blue Statue of Liberty crown around her waist she explained, "This purple thing keeps falling down and I don't like it when it falls down!" I guess she gets credit for finding a creative solution, perhaps I should plan for her to make an appearance on Project Runway some day?
She's also making progress playing Wii. Last night she hit a home run, a first for her. However, Maggie won the game. She was distraught and told Chris "I don't know what happened! I hit the home run, but Maggie still winned!"




On Saturday, Abby decided to help with our weekend home improvement project. She wasn't quite sure what to do with the drill, but eating it was a pretty good option. She DID help by entertaining herself while Chris and I figured out how to install the new Microwave over the stove. (The old was was more than 20 years old and the exhaust fan recently died, so we got a new one for Christmas.)
Abby had her 9 month Doctor visit today and her stats are 20 pounds, 28 1/2 inches. I went back to compare, and her sisters were the same height but 1 & 2 pounds lighter at their 9 month visits.


Looking at Maggie now it's hard to remember when she was only 9 months old! Do you like her new haircut? When I mentioned we'd be getting her hair shaped up, she asked if she could have shorter hair, "Like the other girls in my class" I guess peer pressure is here already. I had no objection, so she went for a cute bob style. How cute is that?
Also, her toothless grin is about the be even LESS-toothy. She fell in gym 2 weeks ago, bumped her top tooth and made it pretty loose. She won't just pull it out, so it's getting looser everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment