Monday, January 2, 2012








It's our last day of Christmas vacation, so I think I still have time to post updates about our let 3 weeks of Christmas celebrations - even though it is technically 2012 already!

Way back on December 14, I helped in Katherine's classroom. The project was that each student would make a gingerbread house. It was amusing and MESSY! I came home with frosting in my hair and on my clothes, but it was a fun time!
That Friday, the girls had their Christmas concert. The pictures from their show didn't turn out - too far away. But Maggie's artwork was chosen for the program cover.......
and the videos worked.



After the concert, we finally finished decorating our tree. It took a week from the first flood to the final decorations. We've decided to take similar approach to un-decorating the tree. Hoping it will be out to the curb by the end of this week!

I think this picture was taken while I was at work.
On the 19th, I had a double whammy of a day. I spent the first part of the day with Katherine's class on a field trip to theMilwaukee Public Museum. I had a small group - just Katherine, Anja (L) and Lexi (R) but we hung out with 2 other groups so I spent the day counting 10 little girl heads.
Monday is free day at the museum, so it was very crowded. We had fun looking at the dinosaurs, the rain forest, and trying to catch butterflies. After lunch in a disgusting cafeteria (the cleaning crew used the same mop from the floor to wash the tables?) we got back to school just before 2.
I went right over to Maggie's class for "Craft day!" I was given hot glue gun and helped the kids make ornaments for 1 1/2 hours. (my fingers were too sticky for pictures) I do enjoy spending time at school - watching the girls with friends and teachers, but I was exhausted after that day!
The last day before break was Red/Green day. Katherine never needs an excuse for crazy fashion choices - she loved wearing her red striped tights and green shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment