Sunday, December 11, 2011

I like to think that the girls are learning from the experiences around them. For example, going to Church on Sundays. I hope that by going each week they are learning the routines and that as they grow they will better understand the reasons behind why we do the things we do.

After doing the same routines for 2 1/2 years, almost every Sunday, Abby surprised me today.

After we got back in the pew from Communion, she was whining for something that I couldn't understand. I tried to distract her but she was just frustrated. I finally understood that she was saying "I WANT A CHIP, TOO!"

She thought all the people in line going past us were getting chips, and she felt entitled to one as well. When I offered her that it was actually bread, not chips, she just whined loudly, "I WANT BREAD, TOO!"

I'm not sure if she's never noticed that the adults (and bigger kids I guess) have a reason for getting out of the pew and taking a walk toward the end of Mass, or if she was just hungry today and wanted food too. But it was a new one for me. I continue to be grateful that we sit in a very 'kid-friendly' area of Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment