Friday, January 20, 2012

Nothing like a day at home to jump start the blog again. Certainly I could write every day - but where would the excitement be in that?

Today was a scheduled day off for the big girls - end of the quarter. It also ended up to be a semi-snow day. So we decided to stay home and just enjoy it. The girl got "dressed" in jammies and we spent the day doing fun things at home.

First, they watched TV while I took a shower.
Then we declared it was "CRAZY HAIR DAY" - because Maggie had gone to bed with wet, uncombed hair last night and it was WILD! They asked for multiple pony-tails and I let them do the same to me. Abby resisted.

After all that hair-styling it was time for "CRAZY SNACK!" Who knew it could be so funny to mix teddy grahams, cinnamon toast crunch cereal AND granola bars in one bowl? CRAZY!
Next, they convinced me to open a project - they chose "bake and decorate animal cookies"
So we mixed the dough, cut the cookies, and watched them bake. And then it was a LONG time to wait before we could frost them!
But we weren't bored! The girls unloaded the dishwasher! Kit, Ruthie, and Rapunzel also entertained the girl quite a bit today.
We also ate lunch and then, wait for it, TOOK NAPS! Yes, all 4 of us slept for at least a little while this afternoon. Abby won by sleeping until after 4pm. I knew that the big girls were tired from school and activities, but I was shocked that they actually fell asleep! I did NOT complain though. Once everyone was up, it was time to PAINT!
The cookie project came with edible watercolors. The girls were in heaven! While they did that, I made yummy chocolate chip cookies (the animal cookies were NOT excellent)
While they were painting, I heard Katherine say something about a Cookie War and I jumped right in and said" NO WAR!" I thought they were going to throw cookies! She laughed and said, "No mommy, Cookie wars would be like Cupcake war on TV!" We decided that once Dad got home, he could be the judge of all the cookies.
Late afternoon TV watching and book reading.
After dinner, we had the competition. Chris decided that the girls won for creativity but I won for taste. I'll accept that!
After the competition we played LIFE (I won!) before opening a surprise package from Gram and Pop Pop. Recycled magazines from the Library! WOO-HOO!
After a thank you phone call to Gram and PopPop, and plenty of research from their magazines, it was finally time for bed.

It was a pretty great day, and I'm a pretty lucky mom that I was able to share it with these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment