Monday, February 25, 2013

Funny Abby story:
She was given a bag of M&Ms at school today - a birthday treat from Madison.

Of course that meant that the whole car ride home, I heard whining "Can I eat them NOOOOOW?"

We went through the usual, we have to eat lunch first, we have to wash your hands first, (think of all the germs from school,) if you whine you won't get any at all, etc.

Then, just to taunt her a little, because it's fun, and I'm her Mom, and that's what I do, I said, "Abby, those are M&Ms and 'M' stands for MOMMY - so I think I get to eat them all!"

(Yes, I'm cruel)

"NOOOO! My name is Abby, and they're for me!"
"But does Abby start with 'M'?"
"Noooooo! Abby is A-B-B-Y!"
"Well, Mommy starts with 'M' so I think I get to eat them, MMMMmaybe I'll share with MMMMMaggie?"
"Nooooooo  Those M&Ms are NOT for you, they are for ME!" (pause while the brain clicks in)
"HEY.... ME starts with 'M' - the M&Ms are for ME and ME starts with 'M' so *I* get to eat them, not You!"


"Well, OK, I guess you can eat some, but not until we get home, wash your hands, and eat some healthy lunch!"




No comments:

Post a Comment