Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Day With Katherine


Katherine just makes me smile. She has been my sidekick all day today, running errands, skipping nap, helping me around the house. Some of her comments are just too much. Here's a peek into her (almost) 4 year old brain.

During lunch
Hot lava is so hot that it burns you and your fingers and you die. (pause to ponder)
I'm not going to die, I think I will just live forever and ever. Or, maybe just until I'm very old. (longer pause) I've had my Green B since I was a baby, right? Yeah, Green B is REALLY old!

How do you know when you have a baby in your tummy?
(The doctor tells you Katherine)
How do you know that the baby wants to come out?
(you can feel it when the baby is ready)
I don't think I have a baby in MY tummy.
(no, I don't think so either Katherine)


after I had asked her many times if she was done in the bathroom yet
Nope. I'm still waiting.
(what are you waiting for?)
I have to see if any of my 'pee pees' want to come out and swim with the 'poo poos'. Then I'll be done. (pause) I guess the 'pee pees' don't feel like swimming right now Mom, I'm all done. You can come in now.

I explained that one of the items on our Target list was a birthday card for Aunt Nora, there was much excitement
WE HAVE TO FIND A MUSIC CARD FOR AUNT NORA. IT HAS TO HAVE MUSIC, LIKE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSIC, OR DANCING MUSIC. WHEN YOU OPEN THE CARD IT HAS TO HAVE MUSIC. AND IT HAS TO SAY "AUNT".... BUT DO THEY HAVE ANY THAT SAY NORA?

I found her writing names on a picture she was coloring
I'm just writing everyone's names, like Abby and Maggie, so they know they can look at my picture. And I wrote Mom and Dad too. Well, really I know that your name is Ann, and Daddy is Chris. But I call you Mom and Dad. So other people can say Ann or Chris, but I will just call you Mom, or Dad, or Mommy, or Daddy, but not Ann or Chris, that's just for those other people.

I asked what she wanted for snack
I think I would like Circus cookies please....and I think I need, um, like, one hundred and thirty cookies.....please?
As she ate her frosted animal cookies, she asked me what each shape looked like.
How about this one Mommy?
(is it a bear/giraffe/tiger/elephant Katherine?)
Yup, probably.
after about 125 of the same conversation.....
What's this one Mommy?
(I can't come look right now Katherine, what do you think it is?)
Well, I think it's just a cookie, and I should just eat it.

She handed me apost -it note with her name written on it
Here Mommy, this is a special note for you,and you can keep it in you pocket, and if you are scared, or lonely, or sad, you can take it out, and it says "Katherine" and then you will be happy, because I love you!


And yes, I'm keeping that post it in my pocket, possibly forever!



1 comment:

  1. This was a great way to end my day- so stinking cute!!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete