Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Funny Katherine story from today.

As we buckled in after preschool, I told her that we needed to stop at the grocery store on the way home to get milk. She looked at me with a very sad face and said "But Mommy, I'm so hungry, I just want to go home and eat my hammy and cheese, but no bread." Because I was also hungry, and because I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to buy for dinner yet anyway, we went home. We all had lunch and Katherine announced that she would like "steak meat" for dinner tonight. "Ok," I answered "please find your sandals so we can go over to Pick-n-Save to buy milk and steak meat."

While backing down the driveway, I saw my neighbor and called over that we'd be back shortly, just running for milk, and confirmed out "plans" for a post-nap playdate on such a lovely day.

We drove over to the grocery store and as we pulled into the parking lot, Katherine piped up in the back seat, "Mommy, this is not Pick - Save, this is the Grocery Store."
"Well, honey, Pick-n-Save is the grocery store, the name of the store is Pick-n-Save"
"But is Pick-n-Save the first name and Grocery Store is the last name? Or is Grocery Store the first name?"

I told her I thought that Pick-n-Save was the first name and Grocery Store could be the last name.

"But Mommy, my name is Katherine CLAIRE Sepersky, does Pick-n-Save have a CLAIRE name too?"

I had no good answer for her. I distracted her by letting her ride in a "car cart" and giggled to myself as I wandered the through the produce.

Incidentally, my neighbor called my cell just as I was giggling. Turns out, she needed a gallon of milk, too. Would I mind grabbing one for her while I was there?

Have I mentioned how much I love my neighbors? Chris and I have never had neighbors we'd care to talk to, let alone have a relationship with. Reason number 6479 why we're glad we moved here - grabbing a gallon of milk for Kathy on my quick trip to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment