Sunday, August 17, 2014

My girls. They make me proud, they make me laugh!

On Thursday, Maggie started 5th grade Band Camp. This is 4 mornings with the band teachers where the kids learn basics of band. How to hold their instruments, how to work together, etc. Maggie was so excited to bring her French Horn home on Thursday! She loved it. On Friday she came home bursting again,"we even played all together today, like a REAL band!"
"Wow! What did you play?"
"Well, it was only 1 note......but it was awesome!"



When looking for something to watch on TV last night, the girls decided on Sound of Music from our DVR. Of course that led to much singing and goofiness at bedtime. Abby was singing "favorite things" and then she paused, and said, those aren't MY favorite things. My favorite things are........mommy, cute baby animals, flowers, and, ME! My favorite thing is myself!
Oh dear!

And Katherine? She had so much trouble falling asleep last night. It was a little warm and sticky until a front brought rain around 1030. She was still awake as late as about 945. I gave her all my best tricks (no cold cloth as I didn't want to deal with a wet bed.)
Imagine my surprise when I came downstairs before 7 today and there she was!



Sitting with a blanket, eating a banana, doing a book of crosswords, just as happy as could be!
"I just couldn't sleep after I went potty, so I thought I would watch the sunrise! But it's all cloudy-so I'm doing my crossword, and I had a yogurt and banana-all by myself!"

Last Saturday I had to work, so Chris took the girls with to 400 mass. He played and they sat alone, in our regular pew, not too far away. When I asked last week how it went, he said they had been fine. And the girls reported the same.
So I shouldn't have been surprised yesterday, when I went to mass with them, and I had 4 different people stop me to report how well behaved they had been last week without me! It was certainly a moment of parental pride!
And also a major milestone-I've avoided weekend shifts because of church since Chris started playing-now they are old enough to behave! They can be trusted!

I do love these girls!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment