Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Maggie is excited to be on a Basketball team. This is her first experience with Basketball. The rec department has a league for Kindergarten and First grade, with a heavy focus on skills, and a brief scrimmage each Saturday to entertain the parents. I am having flashbacks to my own days on the court, watching Maggie use every ounce of strength shooting a basket, hoping the ball might hit the rim. She has scored 2 actual baskets and she is quite proud. I'm also pretty impressed with my own memory of terms and drills and ability to offer tips and advice to my budding star.
In fact, starting after the holiday, I'm joining the coaching staff. Her volunteer coach (a team Dad) asked for another parent to help him keep the kids focussed, running in the right direction, and dribbling rather than running with the ball. Apparently I was the most qualified (only) interested party. Go Tigers!

You can see I've been teaching her some of my best moves already!

No comments:

Post a Comment