Thursday, December 23, 2010


Just a few scenes from our day yesterday. I worked Tuesday evening, and for the second Tuesday in a row, I had to stay until 0330. Going to bed after 4, and waking before 7 makes for a very long day.
Last Wednesday, I put Katherine and Abby down for naps and climbed into my bed as well. But, it turns out that Katherine got out of her bed, and was distressed not to find me downstairs. She didn't think to check my bed, so she sat downstairs for at least an hour, not sure of where I was.
Yesterday I told her she could nap downstairs, with a movie.
Her rest time gave her plenty of energy to play outside with Maggie after school. We haven't had much snow play this season. They started out trying to make a snowman, as they could see that the neighbors have made 2! but they gave up and just played until I called them in after dark!
Finally, a snapshot of our dinner last night. It was sort of "free choice" as I didn't have the energy to plan a real meal. But, as we have done through most of Advent, we lit the candles on our Advent wreath and talked about waiting. The girls have been waiting to be able to light all 4 candles, and now we wait this week for Christmas to finally arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment