Monday, September 28, 2009




So, I think I could back-date this post, so you would THINK I posted it on Abby's 5 month birthday, the 21st. But that would take all the fun away from her when she uses this "neglect" against me some day!I DID, in fact, take her pictures on time, and even the video was done on time. But then life happened, Maggie sick all week, missing school, and messing with our normal routines. Work, trips to ER, more illness, you get the idea. It's the thought that counts. And the pictures! And the video!

At 5 months, Abby is at a crossroads. She has opinions and skills, but she is bored with these. She wants to be able to sit up, roll both ways, and probably eat more food. But she can't sit unassisted, can't roll from her belly to her back, and is still getting used to her food choices (so far sweet potatoes and beans are faves!) She gets frustrated, and screeches to show her displeasure. It's pretty funny really!
The next 2 pictures are bonus pics, only for you, loyal blog readers. The first is proof that I certainly practice what I preach to my patients about safe sleep, no extra blankets, stuffed animals or crib bumpers - too much risk for SIDS! Uh, yeah, about that. She LOVES this giraffe and almost can't fall asleep without holding it while it plays music. I found her like this at naptime the other day and had to capture the moment.

This one is her newest trick - mastered on the 22nd, the day AFTER her 5 month birthday. Now she won't let go!

As you can see, despite my failings as blogger, she is thriving. She's not consistent with daytime naps, but since she sleeps 10 - 12 hours at night, I'm not going to complain!

In other news, apparently Mother Nature decided she'd spoiled us enough with perfect weather. we jumped right into fall today with a blustery wind, some rain and highs barely hitting 60 degrees. I used this to my advantage with my lazy girls this morning - bribing them with FALL CLOTHES if they would just cooperate and eat their breakfast! It totally worked. They were both excited for "new" things to wear, especially fuzzy fleece sweatshirts.





Abby didn't need to be bribed with new things, she generally doesn't mind what she's wearing. As long as she can have something, anything, in her mouth - she's happy as can be. Here, it's her own fingers, certain to be red and chapped, given the amount of time she spends sucking on them! Her hood and chipmunk cheeks kill me!


The other excitement for our day was welcoming my Aunt Janet and Uncle Denis to our home. They are "in town" for the week visiting family, and journeyed from Evanston to spend the afternoon coloring, reading, being silly, and eating dinner with us. It was a wonderful treat in our day.
And now we're all caught up. The girls are in bed, my "to-do" list is complete. It's off to enjoy some brain-numbing TV and enjoy sleeping with cool breezes through the windows. Lots happening in the next week, I wonder how long it will be before another post?


No comments:

Post a Comment