Tuesday, September 15, 2009


Funny Katherine.

Yesterday, she decided to carry a plastic cell phone in a purse (thank you Aunt Nora for your cast-off purse.) She went on to make beeping noises when she pretended to make a call, and to "sing" when the phone was "ringing." But the funniest was her need to DANCE when she sang her phone-ringing song. The picture is trying to capture that dancing, while we waited at the bus stop yesterday. She also refused to ride in the double stroller to the bus stop. Instead she wanted to push her own stroller, "with all of my sweeties." She cracks me up!

Driving home from gymnastics this morning we were chatting about her class. She reported that swinging on the rings was her favorite and that she did a lot of jumping. After a pause in the conversation, she said,"Mommy, sometimes I just want to be messy." (Um, huh?)
"Why, Katherine?"
"Because I want to be an astronaut."
"And astronauts are messy?"
"Yeah, I think so."
"What do astronauts do Katherine?"
"Well, they like to fly. And do other fings. And they can play on the moon."
"And they are messy?"
(exasperated)"YES MOMMY, I am always going to be messy so I can be an astronaut!"

Ok, I can't argue with that!

Shortly after our Astronaut discussion, we were in the CVS store. Of course they had music playing, and of course, Katherine had to dance. As we were walking down the aisle, and she was bee-bopping-bouncing to the tunes, I said "Katherine, that's some great dancing!" She giggled and said, "I know Mommy, when my body hears the music, it makes my knees get all bouncy!"

I love this daughter of mine, I just love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment