Thursday, September 17, 2009

Deep thoughts with Maggie.....

As I was doing Maggie's hair after her bath tonight, she pointed out that she was almost as big as I am. I responded with a classic line I remember from my childhood "Maggie, you're growing too fast, I'm going to put you in a cage so you can't grow anymore!"
She thought this was pretty goofy. A moment later she repeated,"Mommy, I really am going to be just as big as you are pretty soon. And then I can have babies!"
I silently screamed before calmly responding, "Oh no Maggie, you have a LONG time before you can have babies. Elementary school, middle school, high school, college - you have lots of school to do before you can have babies."
She thought about that as I continued to comb her hair.
When her hair was done, she turned around and told me, "Mommy, first I will find somebody that I really LOOOOVVVE."
Yup, that's the first step Maggie, how did you get to be so smart?

No comments:

Post a Comment