Sunday, September 16, 2012



When we arrived home from Church today, the girls stayed outside to play.  When they came in a little later, they all stopped dead in their tracks and moaned, "MMMMmmmmm what smells so good?"
"I'm cooking some wild rice for our dinner, we're going to use it in soup."
"I don't like rice!"
"I don't like soup!"
"I'm not eating that!"

Sigh.

A little later, the questions again
"Are those carrots? I like carrots!"
"They're going in the soup"
"I'm not eating carrots in soup!"


Groan.

I served dinner, with a small serving of soup for each girl.
"Ewwww, I'm not eating it!"
"I don't like it!"
"It smells funny!"

Seriously?

They were instructed to simply..... TRY IT!

"Mmm, this is really good!"
"I like it!"
"SLURP!"

Good Grief! Must everything be a battle?


No comments:

Post a Comment