Saturday, February 4, 2012


Today was Maggie's First Reconciliation. She's been quite laid back about it, seeming totally relaxed anytime I mentioned it.

In the car on the way there, Chris and I were quizzing her a bit - but she got almost all the answers right, like it was no big deal.

So it surprised me, and made me want to both laugh and hug her tight when she turned to me, with panic in her eyes, just before the children were called to the front of church, and whispered "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!"

I said, "There's a card on the chair, just follow the words, and the priest will help you."

And she replied, still with panic, "BUT WHAT ARE MY SINS?"

Luckily, she was sent to Fr Bob, our Pastor, so that put her at ease. (There were 4 other priests there who were unfamiliar to her)

Yes, I was that Mom and I snapped this picture. But you can see I was far enough away that while the picture was taken, it was not an invasion of her privacy. Blurry due to distance and no flash.


Her face was completely relaxed as she walked back to our pew and she beamed with pride that she survived.

I still remember her Baptism like it was yesterday, how can she already be so grown up?

No comments:

Post a Comment