Friday, September 16, 2011


One of the perks of having 3 girls is the clothes. Not just having fun purchasing the clothes, but having fun watching clothes go from one daughter to the next. Seeing how some things hold up so well, and others barely make it though one child. And comparing the skills/abilities/personalities of each child as she wears a certain outfit. I can't help it, I have an emotional attachment to the things they wear.
For instance. I can tell you that Chris chose these purple athletic pants for Maggie when she was 2. I believe he was tired of all the pink and girly stuff - he wanted her to have athletic pants. Not sweat pants. She loved them, although she was so skinny that they NEVER stayed on her hips!
Maggie, 1/2006
Along came Katherine who also enjoyed the purple pants. (Pretty sure that under her sweatshirt is the same Elmo shirt, I can't be positive though) (and why did I take a picture of them picking their teeth?)

Katherine and Maggie 1/2009
So, put yourself in my position. Earlier this week, as the temperature began to drop, I frantically went to my trusty Rubbermaid storage bins of clothes, searching for warmer items, and I found PURPLE PANTS! (And Elmo shirt)
Abby 9/2011
Abby has been similarly impressed with her purple pants today. She even told the grocery clerk about them. "I -a- purple pants today, see?"

So, you'll understand why I had to grab my video camera when I found Abby sitting on the floor, talking to her pants. I could hear her talking, but it took me a minute to figure out she was muttering "Ahhh, Pockets, Pockets" while trying to open the velcro. Here is what happened next.

Ahhhh, the circle of life, or in this case, pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment