Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day from the Seperskys! We had a fun day wearing green and pretending to dance like the "fancy girls dance." It's always amusing to see people's reactions when I make a big dal about wearing green and celebrating. Most people around here know us only as THE SEPERSKYS and would never think that we are Irish. So I tend to overdo it just a bit.

Chris took the girls to a St Patrick's Day event to watch some Irish dancers while I was at work on Sunday . When I asked Katherine if she danced with the dancers, she said "No, the wady tode us to give a hoot, a how-wa, or a cwap, so I just cwapped for the ones in the fancy dresses wif twiggy hair."
(Translation, the lady told us to give a hoot, holler, or clap, so I clapped for the ones with the twiggy hair.) She misunderstood the idea of a wig, and just thought the name of their hair was "twiggy hair"

So another year and more green things. Now it's time to pack the shamrocks and pull out the Easter eggs. Hooray for spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment