Sunday, February 15, 2009


Happy Valentine's Day from the Seperskys!  It may be just a "Hallmark Holiday" but we decided it was a good reason to have  party.   Maggie invited 2 friends from school, and Katherine invited 1 friend; we had 5 little girls for 2 1/2 hours on Saturday.  It was very simple, but very fun.  Everyone enjoyed pizza for lunch and then cookie decorating for dessert.  They also had fun just playing with toys and games. Maggie brought out some CDs and had an impromptu dance party, and we ended with a civilized coloring session.  



As expected, the post-party let down was dramatic. Maggie cried herself to sleep for a much needed nap after the party, wailing that she never wanted her friends to ever ever leave.  Luckily, we ALL woke in better spirits and enjoyed a lazy Saturday evening together.

Earlier in the week, I was disturbed to see the neighborhood stray cat had a friend on my deck. They were being, um, friendly.  A call to animal control put me on a mission to catch the cats and have them removed. Luckily, we own a large raccoon trap (from our previous house) and had a can of tuna just waiting for this mission.  Chris helped me set the trap and within 3 hours we had our first catch! Unfortunately, it was a raccoon, not a wild cat.  Not willing to dispose of it the way my father would, or to pay the money to have a professional come, Chris bravely released it back to the wild (our backyard.) I haven't tried again - figuring the cats are too smart and the raccoons are too  dumb. I'm working on Plan B.

Finally, in Baby news, I had my 29 week visit this week. Everything is perfectly normal and I'm feeling good. Hooray! I brought the girls with me and they were surprisingly patient when we had to wait longer than expected. A word of caution though - it's not a great idea to play "I Spy" in an OB exam room with curious small children. You may be forced to explain what the pictures are and why the exam table has funny footrests.  
The most exciting part of the appointment was scheduling my repeat C-section. Because of Katherine's dramatic entry to the world, I will most likely have a scheduled C-Section, Tuesday April 21, 2009.  I can't promise  anything though - - neither Maggie nor Katherine arrived as scheduled or planned for - so I'm not holding out much hope that #3 will be cooperative either. Still, it's nice to have a definite end in sight. It is possible that she might be early, but no matter what, she'll be here no later than 4/21!

No comments:

Post a Comment