Monday, July 27, 2015

We packed a lot into yesterday. Our hotel is adjacent to the Bearskin State Trail, so we started the day by conquering the trail. I can not imagine a more beautiful place to bike. Surrounded by trees, sometimes water, filtered sunshine, mostly flat,and bugs only if you stopped long enough for them to catch you!
(Pics of bike trail)



We ended up riding 13.18 miles total. (I love my GPS app) I'm not sure we'll hit that distance again this week, as there was some complaining by about 10 miles, but in the end the sense of accomplishment/bragging rights were worth it!

(Family selfie on the trail)
During the ride, the girls had their eyes on the prize-time in the pool when we returned. So after stopping for a snack we headed down to the pool.
(No pictures)
I don't always get all the way in, but yesterday it felt great after biking. I pulled out a few tricks (handstands) from my childhood pool days and wowed my girls. They loved the idea that my sisters and I used to have handstand competitions. We were so cool!

We came back and cycled all 5 people through showers/baths and ate lunch. Also, Chris decided to do a load of laundry. Because it had been 24 hours without laundry! :) Abby asked if she could nap and I certainly didn't say No! She took a book to bed and then slept 2+ hours, only waking because I woke her!

Why would I wake her? Because I knew she wouldn't want to miss the excitement of fishing. Chris and the big girls went out and bought worms and went down to the boat dock to see what they could catch. Unfortunately, Sunday at 4 is a pretty busy time on the lake and the waters were choppy. Nothing was biting. But we can all say we've been fishing-we all took turns holding the poles!

(Fishing pic)
Then it was off to dinner at Mama's Supper Club. This is a must on any trip to Minocqua, as it was a favorite of the Seperskys for many many years! It did not disappoint! The girls were amused by the supper club experience-relish tray! Bread basket! Applesauce? FOOD!
They ate it all (except the applesauce!)we had a great table overlooking the lake, good food, good service, ahhhhhh!
View from our table at Mama's

(Mamas pic)
Our final destination was the Water Ski Show. The Min-Aqua Bats are as close to professional water skiers as I've ever seen. They entertained us for more than an hour-fancy skiers, jumps, turns, pyramids, comedy, all as we sat watching the sunset on a gorgeous evening.
Have you ever heard of Flyboarding? Google it. Crazy!



(Waterski pic/video)

By the time we returned "home" we didn't have much trouble convincing the girls it was bedtime.
Another fabulous day!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment