Thursday, May 1, 2014

My goal for this morning is to do a major grocery run.   Of course that's no easy task when you're as distractable as I am.
I just had one of those "If you give a mouse a cookie" moments (you know that book, right?)
Here's how it looks in my house:

If you give a Mom a trip to the grocery store, first she'll stop to make a list. When she stops to make a list, she'll check the fridge. When she checks the fridge she'll open the meat drawer, when she opens the meat drawer she'll be reminded that it is stuffed full and generally gross.  When she investigates the overfilled and gross drawer, she'll end up taking everything out. When she takes everything out she'll find a layer of grime on the bottom so thick it refuses to come off. When the grime refuses to come off she'll take that drawer to the sink and scrub it. While scrubbing the drawer she'll dump a large amount of water on the floor. When she dumps a large amount of water on the floor she'll curse under her breath, but then realize, "Hey, at least that part of the floor is now clean!"

WIN!


And then she'll go back to making the grocery list that started it all.......

So after I had that fun time, I finally opened the Grocery app on the computer (Our Groceries - love it!) and found, much to my surprise, that the list already had 2 items.  Nestle Quik and Honey Nut Cheerios.

Eureka! Maggie put things on the list! Maggie remembered that I showed her how to put things on the list. Maggie came close to finishing these 2 items while making her breakfast today and put these 2 items on the list!  Maggie followed through, took responsibility, and avoided the drama of her whining that we were out of something and my replying that I didn't know we needed it because it .....WASN'T ON THE LIST!

Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment