Thursday, December 6, 2012

I thought I'd bake cookies this afternoon. It's chilly and there are many other things I COULD/SHOULD do (like write a post about the month of November, which I seem to have skipped!)  But I kept thinking about cookies.

Until I opened our baking cabinet and thought to myself, "Self, you can NOT cook anything until you clean out this cabinet."

Um yeah.

About half of what I found.....

15 bags of baking chips (chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, etc) some opened, some not.
10 sticks of Crisco - some opened some not
6 bags of chopped nuts - almonds, walnuts, pecans
5 cake mixes-4 yellow, 1 chocolate
4 frostings - Chocolate, Vanilla, Funfetti (PINK!) and Peppermint
4 cans of baking cocoa - all opened
4 bags of marshmallows - 1 open, 1 expired
3 sweetened condensed milks and 3 evaporated milks, none expired
2 jars of molasses, both open, with the exact amount missing from each

And a partridge in a pear tree!

I guess I'm ready for holiday baking?

No comments:

Post a Comment