Monday, August 20, 2012

Let's start at the end of the day. After a few trips to Disney over the years, I've never see Fantasmic before. W planned our day today around dinner reservations that included "priority" seating for the show. We told the girls we'd see Mickey Mouse and fireworks tonight. We got there, rode the wave of the crowd to our seats, and sat through a mildly amusing per-show warm up act. I found a beer vendor and Abby begged me to rub the cup on her face because it felt so good, given the heat/humidity. We even got to see EMTs at work as a lady in our section fell and cut her leg and then had a panic attack. It was all very interesting.

However, there was lightening in the distance, and we were sitting on metal bleachers. The show started, Abby gasped, the music, the lights, the firework. Yes, one firework. Then everything stopped, and the announcement was made that the show was being cancelled for the night.
Abby shouted, literally shouted,"ONLY ONE FIREWORK?????"

Yup, big bummer. But, as we tried to make the best of it, ate big girls pointed out that we had a great dinner, we missed the big rain while we were in dinner, we saw 2 shows, and even found a street party with great dancing music. So it wasn't a total wash!

And, as we walked into our hotel, we saw the Epcot fireworks over the trees, so Abby got to see more than just the one.

Earlier in the day we had fun at Animal Kingdom. Although we we there for 5 Hours, we barely scratched the surface. But I do think it's a park best appreciated in cooler weather. Phew, it was a hot one!

Maggie made the best of Fastpass and Rider Switch and rode Expedition Everest 4 times. Katherine was brave and went on the River Rapids ride with Chris and got pretty wet. We rode the safari and saw giraffes so close we might have reached out to touch them, if we were allowed. We went to a petting zoo (ewwwwwww) and loved the Lion King show.

During our "rest time" Abby and I did laundry and Chris and the big girls had another lesson from Jason the Animator. Today they were the only students in class and drew Tigger!

I laughed today when I thought about postcards. I had Chris make a special trip to the post office before we left so I'd have stamps. I made a list of addresses so I'd be able to send them. Ad here we are 2 days from coming home and I just thought about postcards today. I was feeling bad about it, until I thought that I've been up dating the blog, and that's sort of like getting a post card for you, my faithful readers, right? We're having too much fun to stop for postcards!







Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment