Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On Wednesdays, Maggie goes to choir with Chris in the evening. She has kids choir from 6-7 and then stays for adult choir til 8.

This leaves me home with Abby and Katherine. Most nights, like tonight, we do baths a little early, and then have plenty of time for snuggling on the couch, in our jammies, reading books.

After I put Abby in her bed, all tucked in with her special blankies and music, I go into Katherine's room. And usually, I climb into bed with her for an extra few minutes of talking, just me and Katherine.

Tonight's conversation went something like this....
K-Mommy I'm so glad you're in my bed, it's cold in this bed.
Me-I'm always happy to snuggle with you Katherine, but maybe we should get you some flannel sheets so your bed won't feel so cold.
(brief explanation of the difference between flannel and regular sheets)
K-I think maybe Santa might bring me those special sheets. I've been thinking about a lot of things Santa could bring me.
Me-Oh really?
K-Yes, but, do you think Santa has me on the good list or the bad list?
Me-what do YOU think?
K-I think I'm on the good list. (pause) Do you think that some days Santa has you on the good list, but some days he has you on the bad list? Does it change?
Me - Well, probably.
K-Wow, I bet Santa has to sharpen his pencil almost every day if he's doing all that writing!
Me-(trying not to laugh out loud) Yes, I guess he needs a lot of pencils.
K - Mommy, it's really warm in this bed now, Um, I think you can get out now!
Me- OK Katherine, good night, I love you!
K-I love you too Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment