Thursday, August 25, 2011

This is the last week of vacation for Chris. Monday he starts back at school. Today, I was working the day shift, so he set off to have a fun day with the girls.
They headed to the Zoo and stayed for more than 3 hours. They saw all the favorite animals, and took in 2 special exhibits: The Bird show and the Butterfly show. He didn't take pictures of the birds, but he did take these of the butterflies.





The girls were so excited to tell me about holding the butterflies and letting them land on their clothes and hats. They also enjoyed telling me about all the different birds - knowing that each description would make me shudder! Better Chris than me!

After dinner, we went to the Botanical Gardens for the final Thursday night summer concert. Katherine really wanted to explore the gardens more than listen to the music, so she and Chris took a long walk.
Maggie and Abby and I stayed at our spot playing UNO and dancing to the blues music.
We left at intermission to head home for bed. As we were walking out a woman stopped me and said "ADORABLE girls!" I said thank you and kept walking and she said "No really, they were so quiet and cute - I love them!"

I might not call them quiet, but adorable and cute? I couldn't agree more!



No comments:

Post a Comment