Friday, December 11, 2009

I wasn't planning a blog post for today, but when I found this and snapped the picture, I figured I'd better post before the moment was lost!
This is what I found, propped outside the door to my room. Maggie is inside my room, napping. Apparently she does not want to be disturbed. (If you can't see it, she wrote "do not awake") Grammar aside, she is one smart and funny kid! And I won't wake her, or her sisters. They all stayed home sick today, Abby truly sick with snot/low grade fever and irritability. Maggie and Katherine stayed home because they have messy/sloppy colds/coughs and I can't trust their personal hygiene. I wish other parents would do the same so that we could STOP GETTING SICK!

This picture of Abby was taken earlier this week when she was feeling fine. She was happy as could be, playing with her toys as I worked around her. And she just had the duck in her mouth like it was no big deal, sort of "Hey, I've got a duck in my mouth, what's so wrong with that?" She'd move from toy to toy, but that silly duck stayed in her mouth the whole time! In other Abby news, she tried Cheerios and fruit puffs this week. She doesn't quite have the skills to grasp and maneuver into her mouth, but if you put it in her mouth, she's happy to devour. And it's cute to hear her 2 little teeth bite and crunch!


I don't have a new picture of Katherine, but I always have a story about her. She LOVES to play with her Little People. She takes all of the sets and creates cities and tells very interesting stories for them. The other morning, she and Chris had the following conversation:
K:Daddy, it's this girl's birthday today (holding up a plastic figure)
C:Great Katherine, how old is she today?
K:I don't know (with attitude of , silly Daddy how would I know such a thing?)
C:I thought you were that girl's Mommy?
K: (Now fully exasperated) No, Daddy! I'm just the one who makes them talk!

Where do they come up with these things?

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are adorable. Thank you for sharing these stories.

    ReplyDelete