Sunday, August 9, 2009


It's 8AM and already over 80 degrees with a dew point of 73. Let's stop for a moment and thank the inventor of air conditioning.




And while I'm feeling grateful, I'll say thank you for 3 year olds, who are amazing at stating the obvious.
Me: Katherine, please pick up those toys and put them away in the other room.
K: Ok, Mommy, but I have to do it only a little at a time. I only have two hands! See?
(holds up 2 hands and wiggles fingers) People only have 2 hands Mommy, so I can only take 2 things at a time.

And how about a thank you for 5 year olds, who are experts at annoying their little sisters.
Maggie: Well, if you were an OCTOPUS you'd have more hands.
K:But I'm NOT an octopus
M: You could PRETEND to be an octopus
K: I don't WANT to be an octopus
M: But you could be faster if you were an octopus
K: NO! I just want to be a Katherine!

Yup just another day at our house!

Usually, they only get annoyed with each other after too much time in the house.
Luckily, with Daddy around, we aren't in the house too much. In the last 2 weeks they've been to the Zoo to feed the birds, to a Brewer's game, to Lake Geneva for a day in the sand, to the State Fair, back to the Zoo for 'Zoo School' and swimming lessons every morning. Not to mention plenty of time in the pool/sprinkler, riding bikes, creating chalk art in the driveway, and spilling bubbles.

This week we're off to Sheboygan WI for 2 nights at Blue Harbor Resort. With a Waterpark, Lake Michigan, parks, and massages for Mom and Dad, we may never come home! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment