Sunday, March 8, 2009


No good reason for the delay in posting this time. Nothing exciting going on- just surviving this "in between" phase of weather - snow storms, followed by 60 degree days, followed by 2 straight days of 40s and rain. The good news is that the rain has eliminated all of the snow you see in the picture, and the we haven't needed hats and mittens for the last few days. Not that I've packed them away yet - I'm quite positive we'll need them again! 

The girls finished their swimming lessons yesterday. Maggie ALMOST passed 
to the next level, but needs to work on her "front crawl" skills. She also needs to be more serious. Working with teen instructors and having a good friend in the class caused her to be a bit goofy at times.  I agree that this is the level for her at least one more session (probably not until summer.) Maggie spent her last class experimenting with  wearing a life jacket in the water. She had a fun bouncing around without anyone holding onto her. 


Katherine didn't get a "report card" but Daddy reports that she improved on her skills as well - singing songs, splashing, jumping from the side of the pool, and generally having fun.  I think we'll all appreciate a more relaxed pace to our Saturday mornings! It's hard to get everyone up and out the door and into the pool by 830-900!  That is why we did not sign up for the next session - assuming Baby will make her appearance during that time - it would be nearly impossible to coordinate a new baby with swim lessons!

Speaking of baby, I thankfully have nothing exciting to report!  I'll be 33 weeks on Tuesday and all is well. I am apparently getting larger every day. I can't tell you how many different people have remarked about my size in the last week. I actually think I'm  average sized - but since I've been without my winter coat this week, it is much more obvious that I am, in fact, quite pregnant!  Baby has been moving around a LOT. Chris and the girls still enjoy feeling her move, but I think it grosses Chris out when I tell him to watch  the changing shape of my belly.  I'm finding it awesome. It's probably because this is the last time I plan to have all these feelings, but overall I'm really enjoying this pregnancy.  (remind me that I wrote that in a about 2-3 weeks, OK?)



No comments:

Post a Comment